PAPER: Wine Bottle Label Cards


One thing I really enjoy doing is making cards out of wine bottle labels. I will admit to trying wines just because I like the label and know I can make it into a fun card! Not all the labels come off the bottle perfectly, but most are "removable" and perfectly useable! 

My personal method of removing wine labels from the bottle is to set the oven to 170F, the lowest temperature I can set on my oven, and then lay down a half dozen or more empty, clean wine bottles. After about ten minutes, the glue has softened and I can start a corner peeling off using a "plastic" razor blade in a holder. (These are made for safely removing decals from cars without marring the car's finish). Once the two corners are started, one can then slowly pull the rest of the label off. I then adhere it to a piece of cardstock or copier paper and smooth it out using a bone folder. Once the label is cut out, it's then ready to use on a card.



This is a label I removed from a bottle I stole from my son's recycling bin! I liked the label!
It was turned into a really simple card; just added washi tape and a sparkly red gem.


This group includes a local Cleveland "Believeland" wine and labels from Lakewood and Tabora wineries we visited in the Senaca Lake Wine Region in the NY Fingerlakes! Lots of washi tape here, along with embellishments of foils from the tops of bottles, and old-fashioned photo embellishments.


 Washi tape, lots of stamping, gems here.  These are fun to make. In fact, I have a handful of cards ready to be put together right now....

Comments

Popular Posts