New Month, New Year, New Post

PAPER: Book and Card


I'm very nearly a reluctant blogger, but I do like to post if for no other reason than to remind myself what I've been doing.

I've mostly been working on hiring a new tech at my office, the Christmas holiday, and three of the family birthdays (everyone but me) on December 24, December 31 and January 10.  My brain is fried and weary at this point. In the midst of all this, however, I would come home and take advantage of all the great craft sales online....and I ordered lots of stamps to use in the new year.



One of the sets was the LEAF MEDALLION set by Altanew.  Matt's birthday card was made using it.  Scribbled and splattered the background, stamped the image with Catherine Pooler Inks, colored with Wink of Stella, die cut four medallions and stacked them, added a sentiment heat embossed with glitter embossing powder (EP by Nuvo), added a few sequins. Done in under an hour and lots of fun. I'm still learning how to use the MISTI, but I have to admit, it's a clever invention!  I look forward to using this stamp/die set a lot more in the future to make some cards for my stash!




He also asked me to make a booklet of photos of him and his buddies brushing their teeth before bed: "Just make a plain cover that says "Bedtime" on it, mom."  So I unearthed my Zutter binding machine and made up two booklets for him. You can't tell from the photo but there is a subtle molar, stamped in white, on the cover.  Stamp by Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers.

Those Buckeyes, making memories....said the mom.  As I'm posting this, Matt's moving into his house in Chagrin Falls.  A happy-sad day for me, for sure....Go Bucks!




Comments

Popular Posts