Let's just call this post: THINGS I DID DURING THE PANDEMIC and leave it at that. 

One would think that once retired, one would be prolific in books read, house clean (all the time), yarn spun and cards and art journals made. If you would think that, you would be wrong. 

I read 28 books in 2020, about 20 more than in 2019. I started with the Harry Potter series and loved it like my boys did when they were young!

I took a weaving refresher class at Praxis in Cleveland.

I took a torn paper collage class.

I spun my dog's fur into yarn and made hats for the boys.

And we took a couple of dandy trips in the RV. 

Some composition sketches

Handmade papers for tearing in the collage

There were few stems from the garden that I could harvest, so I opted for some made-up ones and what I could salvage from the limp flower beds for these prints

This composition is still a work in progress but you get the idea...
The underpainting, with some of the homemade branches laid on.

Below, some torn paper floral details:





The final composition; this piece continues to be a work in progress, a year later, but it won't take that much to finish it. (What I think) it needs is a new background, not this "wash" yuck, and updated leaf frond gelliprints (now that we once again have foliage in the yard and surrounds!)

Next up: more Pandemic Projects


Comments

Popular Posts