(NOT) EYES, PAPER, or FIBER: the Pandemic Kitchen

File this under: stuff that is GOOD and stuff I never made before. I was influenced by all the no-knead bread photos on Instagram. The marshmallows were as good as I'd heard. Maybe better. One of my favorite "sugar delivery systems". And the cake was just my answer to the need for dessert for Dan's Investment Club meeting, socially distanced, at our house. 

And no, these aren't from my counter today; they were made from time to time in 2020. 
Pandemic Kitchen!

My mouth waters at the memory of these. I think I added a bit of extra vanilla (who am I kidding? I KNOW I added extra vanilla!) to these. The flavor and texture are so rich and delicious!
This is one batch. SO. YUMMY. They will keep fresh for several days...and in my house, they won't last much longer than that...if you know what I mean... (I wonder if you can toast these?)
Totally worth buying a cast iron Dutch oven to be able to bake this delicious bread. This is the NY Times Jim Lahey artisan bread recipe and nothing could be simpler. We both loved it. Maybe too much?

The other thing I made during the pandemic was the InstantPot Paleo Dark Chocolate Layer Cake. 
Yes, made in the InstantPot. Really moist and delicious. 

I follow Natalie Perry on IG. You can too. Her blogsite is Perry's Plate 
where she has tons of delicious menus and meal plans.

Dan had his Investment Club over and I served teeny tiny slices, 
just like in the fine restaurants, and it got rave reviews!
 

Comments

Popular Posts